Opportunities For Adults
We want to help you find a place where you can connect with others in your stage of life and pursue your spiritual journey with others. The small group is at the heart of making a church community like Grace intimate, vibrant, and friendly. It is how we bond together in building our faith. Find a group based on your interests or life stage. Grace offers numerous opportunities each month and members are working hard to add the activities that you are looking for. Options include spiritual growth groups, social groups, volunteer groups, life stage groups, and leadership opportunities.
"Next to the Word of God, music deserves the highest praise. The gift of language combined with the gift of song was given to humanity that we should proclaim the Word of God through music.” - Martin Luther
Grace is known for its strong music ministry. You don't need to be a member of Grace to share with us your gift of faith through music however we certainly welcome you to fully become a part of the family of Grace.
- Senior Choir is for individuals from 9th grade on up that would like to participate in worship through praise in song. The choir sings twice a month, fifth Sundays, and participates in several special worship services throughout the year. Senior Choir practices on Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm in the sanctuary.
- The Celebration Worship Team has the congregation moving and clapping to their spirited sound at the service on the second Sunday of the month. This group is composed of singers as well as individuals on the piano guitar and drums.
- Adult Bell Choir is a wonderful opportunity for someone wishing to participate in a choir but who does not wish to sing.The set of hand bells used reaches 4 octaves and provides an uplifting experience for all who hear them. The Bell Choir plays the second Sunday of each month and practice on Mondays at 6:00 pm.
- Instrumental opportunities are integrated into choir, bell and ensemble musical selection during a variety of times during the year. We are always looking for talent in this area.
- Song leaders are used during the summer and other times when the choir is not available to support the congregation in song.
The following are ways you can be involved in our Sunday Worship service:
- Ushers: Help to hand out bulletins, collect offering, dismiss for communion, and help the overall flow of folks in and around our sanctuary on Sunday mornings.
- Readers: Read the scriptures on Sunday mornings for the worship service.
- Greeters: Help greet all who come on Sunday mornings for our 9 am worship service.
- Communion Servers: Help to serve communion on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month and for other worship services.
- Altar Guild: Help prepare and set up the altar area for worship which includes making sure paraments are current, helping set up & prepare communion, and decorating the sanctuary for special worship services.
- Music: We are always looking for more music in our worship time. See the Music Ministries section of our website for more information.
- Technology Team: Our worship service is enhanced through the use of power point and sound amplification. Our service is heard live on KRJB 106.5 FM and taped for viewing on Tuesday mornings at 10:00 am on the Loretel cable channel 14. We are always looking for interested people to be trained to run the sound board and power point. Contact the church office if you are interested.
- Bible study leaders facilitate the discussion during the various Bible Study opportunities at Grace.
- Sunday School teachers work with children age 3 to 12th grade on Sundays during the school year.
- Release Time teachers provide an opportunity for children in grades 3 through 6 in the Ada Borup school district to have religious instruction on Wednesday mornings.
- Confirmation guides mentor a small group of youth in the "HereWeStand" confirmation program. They develop a close relationship with the youth in their group and act as a guide as they develop an understanding of their faith life.
- Men's Breakfast Bible Study meets Tuesdays at the ARC Cafe for Bible Study at 7:00 am. All men are invited to come and join us!
- Wednesday Morning Women's Coffee and Bible Study is held Tuesday mornings at 10:00 am in the church Social room. Women of all ages are invited to come and share Bible Study with the Pastor.
Women's Circle Bible Study meets the third Wednesday of each month at either 9:30 am or 4:30 pm (depending on the circle). Join the group of your choice.
- The Big Fix is a new multi-generational program at Grace that encourages members to volunteer their time and talents to help others in the Ada community who are unable for whatever reason to do simple projects around their home. The Big Fix has helped with raking leaves, washing storm windows, small painting projects, changing light bulbs and many other types of tasks needed by individuals in the community.
- Norman County Food Shelf: The county food shelf is housed at Grace and is open on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. In addition to individuals and other church's in the community, this much needed service uses volunteers from the congregation.
- Grace Lutheran Church Women (GLCW) is an organization for the women of our church. All Bible studies, programs and events are open to all women.
- Grace Quilters meet the first and third Mondays of the month at 1:00 pm to cut blocks and sew quilts for Lutheran World Relief, graduating high school seniors and those in need in the local area.
- The Prayer Shawl Ministry is an informal group of knitters and crocheters who have provided over 100 prayer shawls to people who need to know the comfort and support that comes from prayer. Baby shawls are also made and presented to infants and their family at the time of baptism. Yarn is provided by Grace and the knitters and crocheters work individually to complete the beautiful shawls.
- Hospitality Serving Groups are made of up families of Grace to provide the much needed service of serving a meal for those who attend the funeral of one of our members. Each group takes turns over the course of the year.
- Another Mission Trip opportunity is in the discussion stages. Our first adult mission trip was held in 2011 when a number of our members went on a mission trip to Haiti. From that visit we continue to support the Village of Hope Orphanage in Haiti by selling items made by individuals from that area.
- The Prayer Chain is made up of Christians with hearts for prayer. Prayer chain members receive prayer requests by phone, or email from a fellow Grace member and pass it along to another prayer chain ‘link.’
- Friends Ministry provides a caring listener and someone to talk with that is a reliable, confidential, responsible friend who has the support and the backing of the pastors and the church family.
Grace Lutheran Church Women (GLCW) meets the second Wednesday of each month, at 2:00 pm. or 7:00 pm during the months of January, Spring Luncheon, September, and November. The GLCW also provides social/entertainment programs at various times of the year,
GLCW Community Suppers are a great way to meet people. The suppers are held on the first Wednesday in February, March, September and October from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. A July noon luncheon is held usually the 2nd Wed.
Coffee and Conversation (social hour) is held each Sunday following worship in the Social Room.