Grace Parish Nurse Ministry
The ministry of Jesus Christ was holistic. His healing was physical, emotional and spiritual. The ministry of Grace reflects Jesus' healing by caring for the "whole" person. His was a healing ministry and He led his disciples by example.
The mission of the Grace Lutheran Parish Nurse Ministry is to help all to more fully experience God's grace, love, and healing by addressing their spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental health.
Role of the Parish Nurse
The Parish Nurse is a registered nurse who is committed to the healing mission of the church. The Parish Nurse is not a substitute for home health nurses or other health professionals. They will not do "hands on" nursing such as giving injections or medications, drawing blood or other technical procedures. Referrals to the appropriate agency are made when such care is need.
- Work in partnership with the pastor to provide spiritual care.
- Visit individuals in home or hospital.
- Assist in obtaining needed health services.
- Promote wellness through education and screenings.
- Develop support groups within the church.
- Encourage healthy life styles.
- Help people to understand the relationship between faith and healing.
How to Contact the Parish Nurse
The Parish Nurses have limited office hours, but please call the church office and leave a message with the secretary at 784-4010 and your call will be returned. Appointments may be made to stop by the Parish Nurse office located in church library during the scheduled times or the parish nurse is happy to make a home or hospital visit. There is no charge for the Parish Nurse Health Ministry services.
A Parish Nurse is available
- Monday mornings